instagram

Love Quotes

Monday, March 14, 2011

Ok so the next few posts are my posts I wanted to post up during the Media Fast but I couldn't. 


During Media Fast week, I had a 3000-word essay due for my Drama class. I wrote it on Love and Madness and compared Shakespeare's Twelfth Night and Hamlet. I had to do some research for quotes and I found a lot of really good ones. The one I used to introduce my topic was this quote by Louis de Bernières from his book Captain Corelli's Mandolin


"Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion, it is not the desire to mate every second minute of the day, it is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every cranny of your body. No, don't blush, I am telling you some truths. That is just being "in love", which any fool can do. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident." 

I just REALLY liked that quote! I find it so true. It kinda reminded me of something Laura and I discussed before. It's actually Laura's theory of what she thinks "love" actually is, but I have to admit I kinda agree with her. There's so such thing as being "in love". Being "in love" is that sensation feeling you describe as being "in love". I say that even when you have a crush on someone it feels like you're "in love" cuz you get this whole rush of random feelings. Laura says that you just have different degrees of love for people. You love people, but then there are some you love more than others. I think that makes some sense... 


Anyway there were A LOT of really good quotes I came across. If you know me, I like to write quotes in my agenda. So this is what my agenda looked like by the end of my essay writing:



Hahaha, don't judge me. 

Another one I really liked was:
"The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a glowing depth, beauty and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing, it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of Divine accident." - Sir Hugh Seymour Walpole (1884-1941) English Novelist, Critic, Dramatist 

Out of it all, I thought these two were my favourites. Love is just described so beautifully. Sometimes I think love is so over-rated today. People make such a big deal about it, especially teens, but it's not even REALLY love. Being infatuated or making out with someone you met last week isn't LOVE. I mean, I've never been n a relationship, but I've had my experiences with guys that make me realize and, I guess, appreciate what love is truly like. Some people just need to seriously control their hormones. Don't get me wrong, I don't think dating and being in a relationship is bad. It's just that my experience with guys, either things that have happened between me and a guy OR things my guys friends would do to a girl, aren't exactly experiences that make me think highly of men. So if you ever here me say "guys are such jerks", it's in  no offence to you, it's just from what I've seen so far within me and my friends. This is also where the appreciation comes along...This is why I talk so highly of love because it's not something that is to be taken so lightly. You don't say it to someone and then act like you don't mean it. If you're going to say it, say it with all your heart. Haha, sorry if I'm getting so into it; but after writing a 3000 word essay on love and madness and seeing examples of how "love" can drive one mad can really have an effect on a girl's view. The reason I like these two quotes so much are because they speak so profoundly of what love is. That's how I see it, and that's what I'm waiting for. For a guy I'm going to feel that way around. Just cuz i say that guys can be such jerks, I do believe that there is the right person out there for everybody. It's kinda like "one person's trash is another person's treasure". We all act differently around different people. So the right guy will come along soon enough. See, I'm not against it...I'm just waiting...patiently :) :P

The essay ain't all that great considering I cam up with it in one night. But if you wanna check out the essay, go to Mi Writing Espacio.

(Update on April 6, 2011: I got the essay back yesterday and I got a 74%)


- Ariana Rae Limas ♥
live well . laugh hard . love big .
09.03.11

4 comments

  1. Beautiful journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I loved your article...its amazing. I haven't read the books that you have suggested here, but you have described 'Love' so beautifully.
    Even i feel the same way, so just like you...i am waiting for the right guy...patiently :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Keep waiting patiently. I married my guy 6 months ago :) <3

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I just love the so many colours in your agenda.

    ReplyDelete

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .